Let’s face the truth. The inexpensive folding saws that we buy to help get us out of a bind are terrible, and we all hate using them.
A few years ago we started doing a lot of early season dirt biking so we frequently needed to cut a bunch of trees that had fallen across the trail. We immediately went in to Savoy Equipment to see what they had and we walked out with our first Zubat 300.
It’s been a love affair ever since. Now we have more saws that riders as some of us like to keep them installed on the outside of our dirt bike packs.
Although not folding, the saw fits into our backpacks nicely as it is about the same length as our avalanche probes.
The Bottom Line > This things rips through wood like you would not believe.
Here is the geek speak from their website.
- ZUBAT is available in four blade lengths: 9-1/2-inch (240 mm), 10-2/3-inch (270 mm), 11-4/5-inch (300 mm), and 13-inch (330 mm)
- 11-4/5-inch (300 mm) blade length – 6.5 teeth per inch (7.5 teeth per 30 mm) teeth configuration
- 0.6 pounds (280 grams) operating weight; 1 pound (460 grams) weight with sheath
- Durable black polypropylene sheath with detachable belt holder is included
- Product applications include pruning & trimming, lawn & garden
- Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship